Little Paxton Primary School
Advert:- Class Teacher
Full Time on a permanent contract (Part Time applications will be considered)
Start Date: Required from September 2019
Year Group: To be decided
Our motto at Little Paxton Primary School is ‘Our best, always’.
We strive to be a school where all members of our community can think, are respectful and can learn. Our children are at the heart of everything we do at Little Paxton. We are looking for someone to join our dedicated and committed teaching team from September 2019.
We are looking for a teacher who:
Is enthusiastic, aspirational, flexible, energetic, motivated, creative and engaging
Is committed to bring out the best in all children, whatever their level of achievement
Is able to deliver high quality, engaging, lessons which inspire learning
Has high expectations (both of behaviour and progress)
Is able to work as part of a team and manage support staff effectively
Wants to be a part of making our school the best it can be for both children and staff
We can offer: Amazing children who are keen and eager learners. An opportunity to teach in a growing village school. A well-resourced learning environment. Opportunities for outdoor learning within the school grounds and at our local nature reserve. A genuine commitment to your ongoing professional development. Access to specialists in their field. A dedicated team who are professional, friendly and welcoming. Talented and hardworking TAs to support the children’s learning.
This post is suitable for NQTs or more experienced teachers.
Please download an application form,
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Please telephone to arrange a convenient time – we would be delighted to meet you!
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Wednesday 22nd May 2019 Interviews and lesson observations: Friday 24th May 2019
All applicants selected for interview will be notified by the end of Wednesday 22nd May 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Paxton Primary School is firmly committed to the principles of equality and diversity in both employment and the delivery of services.
We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. The offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including the right to work in the UK, Disclosure and Barring Service and two satisfactory references.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with the school’s policies and under the direction of the Headteacher:
Having regard to the curriculum for the school, and with a view to promoting the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the pupils in any class or group assigned to you: • plan and prepare courses and lessons • teach the pupils assigned to you according to their educational needs • set and mark work to be carried out by the pupils in school and elsewhere • assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
• promote the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any class or group of pupils assigned to you • provide guidance and advice to pupils on educational and social matters and, where appropriate, on their further education and future careers, include information about sources of more expert advice on specific questions make relevant records and reports • make records of and reports on the personal and social needs of pupils • communicate and consult with the parents of pupils • communicate and co-operate with persons or bodies outside the school and • participate in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above
Assessments and reports
• provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils • track children’s progress closely and be accountable for this progress
Appraisal or review of performance
• participate in arrangements made in accordance with the latest government guidelines and policies with regards to appraisal or review of your performance and that of other teachers
Review, induction, further train and development
• review your methods of teaching and programmes of work as necessary • participate in arrangements for your further training and professional development as a teacher including undertaking training and professional development which aims to meet needs identified in planning and review statements
• advise and co-operate with the head teacher and other teachers on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements
Discipline, health and safety
• maintain good order and discipline among the pupils and safeguard their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
• participate in meetings at the school which relate to the curriculum for the school or the administration or organisation of the school, including pastoral arrangements